Southern-Steel Fabrication

Friday, July 28, 2006

TOP SECRET PROJECT






Now that it's been delivered I can share with yall the project I worked on in the weeks preceeding vacation..... It's a custom Pisgah Bench I built for my mother or "Ma" as we call her. It features her name and the word "garden" inscribed in the back, as well as some repouse' work for the copper rosettes I crafted for the back rest and the seat detail. It was a great project and Ma really likes it. I experimented on using some different elements on this one verses the others I have built. I used all 10 guage cold rolled steel for the the support elements, and 14 gauge cold rolled steel for the seat pan. The structural parts are of 3/4" mechanical square tubing. I finished it in one of my favorite powder coats....Green Patina. It was a great project and it's nice to give back to the ones who gave so much to me! Of course ignore the date on the pictures....I always forget to set the date when I change the batteries on my camera. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home