Southern-Steel Fabrication

Sunday, April 09, 2006

This Weekend's Progress




This weekend I completed a couple of projects I've been working on for the last week or so...I know it's not much ornamental panache, but it's good honest work that helps pay the bills. The stack of steel you see contains the following: a file tray storage bin, some shelving dividers, and some CNC cut brackets. I did get to crank up my propane forge for a little while though and that's why you see that huge smile on my face. I started rough forging the "fingers" for one of my upcoming projects....

Now that spring has sprung, I'm already feeling the pressure of all the projects I meant to do over the winter, but never completed. On Saturday it started to rain moments after my wife snapped these pictures and I was reminded of how nice it is to have the doors open and be able to look outside and see the mountains and not worry about stoking the fire. I mean I've got an awesome window (when I can open my 16 foot garage door).On top of that there's something about the smell of rain combining with all the odors of a metalsmith's shop... I think the only thing that would have made it more enjoyable is if I had only fired the coal forge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home