Southern-Steel Fabrication

Monday, April 03, 2006

C is for Chloe

Finally I completed one of those honey-do projects. My wife came up with this idea for the new baby's room. She painted the tree on the wall, came up with the design for the apples, which I then cut out and powder coated. Katelyn and Caleb assisted some with painting the tree, and the walls.

The powder coat is a custom mix that I could proably never replicate again. Sure hope the doctor's right...that we're having a girl, if not I'll have to redo these, in a color other than pink, that or I'll have a big sale on this item! The apples are out of 14 gauge cold rolled steel, and took about 3 hours best I recollect to draw, cut, sand blast, and powder coat.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks honey the apples look great.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    That is so cute! You sure know how to treat your wife & family well. I bet you could sell a lot of those, if you show pictures of your wife's overall design.

    I'm a blacksmith too and I don't think I've done anything for the kids yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home