Southern-Steel Fabrication

Monday, April 24, 2006

The Longest Day



The title of this post represents some of the photo's you see here. I put in my longest strait day at Southern Steel. I started off the morning at 0700 and finished up at 0030. That's 19.5 hours. Now mind you I stopped for lunch and supper, but worked right on till the midnight hour. My wife prepared me a wonderful supper thought that sustained me thru the waning hours. Why did I do this? I had obligations and these projects to finish. I'm not complaining mind you, but next time things stack up on me, I'll make sure I leave some padding.

Not pictured is the 21 foot cabin cruiser boat I welded on for 2.5 hours in the blowing wind. I enjoyed what got accomplished and thank God that He gave me the stamina to keep my word. The item at the top of the page is kind of obscured in the shadows....well that is a background for my daughters wax museum school project. Across the top it says "Cleopatra" and just barely visible are the pyramids that are 3 dimensional. The letters are for a sign project and are 10 gauge steel with standoff's welded to the back. Each letter is 12" tall and I'm pleased with how they turned out. The rose is #9 in the series, and I powder coated it a patina green for the stem and the leaves, with a deep rich glossy red powder for the blossom. I'll find out tommorow if my customer is pleased! Also in the big pictue is some shelves for the baby's room. I haven't got them powder coated yet, but very soon.

I was blog-absent for much of last week because I was working hard to get a project done at my regular job....I got off pretty easy though, because I only had to work 55 hours then I got to come home and be with the ones I love and then do the work in my shop that I love! Till next time!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The work looks great, especially the letters! - li'l' bro'

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow - I'm impressed. Great work and such talent!

    A big big fan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home