Southern-Steel Fabrication

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Powder Coated Tough!

Just wanted to take this opportunity to brag on the finish I use most often. That is powder coating. As you may have gathered from some of my pictures...I absolutely love clear powder coat over forged steel. It has such a rich tone and so completely compliments the gray black steel. I have a small powder coat setup in my shop and I'm very fortunate to have a prestigeous powder coating contractor in my own town. So I do all the small things and let the professionals handle the larger pieces. If your not exactly sure what powder coating is about the following is an excerpt from the Allegis handbook..

"Powder coating is an electrostatic painting process followed by a thermal curing of the finish. This provides uniform coverage and results in a top-coat that is attractive, durable, corrosion resistant, and UV stable. Powder coat is available in a variety of colors and glosses. Ideally suited for exterior applications. Properties of powder coating include excellent appearance and good abrasion resistance."

If only I could have those same properties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home