Southern-Steel Fabrication

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Project From the Past "Big Planter"

Man it's great to be back online...this past weekend I was offline and not by my own choosing. It's great to be back, now especially since I have Hi-speed internet. Wo who! I thought I'd share this project from last summer with yall. It's a "Big Planter" I designed and fabricated for use indoors. The tree you see in this photo, is not why this was built. It actually now houses a 12 foot tall tree of great size.

This could be construed as the planter of the "century"...sorry I have a weakness for puns. On with the features:
This thing is made entirely of 14 gauge cold rolled steel and features swiveling casters (cleverly hidden of course), a pull out tray for catching and draining excess water, and a pretty cool design overall, even if I do say so myself. Of course that's me in the photo looking as geeky as ever.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    Nice planter! Blacksmiths never look geeky, except when they're sitting still in pictures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home