Southern-Steel Fabrication

Monday, March 13, 2006

Project From the Past

Here's the deal...It's early mid morning on another Sunday Nite and I can't sleep, so I thought I'd work on paying a few bills....I decided to take a break from going thru the bills and look thru my old pictures......dun tun da dun I came up with an idea! You may recall from earlier posts that my original intent of my blog was to create an online porfolio. In doing this I culled projects from posts that I deemed "not ornamental enough". Well in doing so, I may have not shared with all of yall what I'm about...building things that you just can buy at any store.

So as to try and share some of these previous "Projects From the Past" I'll try to occasionally post some of these early works. Now I know that some of the pictures will be bad, shucks even some of the pieces will be raw iron, no paint. But it will at least show some of the other things I've worked on and maybe inspire some more!

The picture you see above is my version of a leaf brake. It's aptly named the "MK II Super Brake". It will form 30" of 18 gauge cold rolled steel without batting an eye. It features chrome moly forming bars and adjustable cam locks. I came up with this design after building one for use in my shop. I showed it to a couple of folks, and ended up building 3 more. Why on earth would I build a brake? Simple. My appetite for tools exceeds my budget, so if I can't afford what I need, I take a chance and build it myself. Besides that what Denver Broncos fan would want one of these in their garage! Look for more "Projects from the Past" to come in future posts.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home