Southern-Steel Fabrication

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Jamison Centennial Ornamental Door




Finally, I'm able to post some pictures of the project that I've been working on since the End of November. (Not the whole time mind you, just the spare time!) This project features several firsts for me....they are:

Copper Rose Door Pull that actually engages in a catch

Full Wrap Pin Hinges that swing level

My First Try at Repousse' Work in 16 ounce copper and soft Brass

Ornamental Window Grille

The overall size of this door is 37" tall x 27" wide x 6" deep

Dan Rhyner and Joe Mayernik were responsible for the fantastic job they did with all the wood work. Pete Smith fabricated some awesome lady bug bolts that hold the Copper Rose Door Pull to the door.

I guess I should tell you about this project's start. I work as a full time metal worker for a freezer doorway manufacturer in Montana. We are owned by the Jamison Door Company which is located in Hagerstown, Maryland. Well, they have been in business for 100 years as of this year, and I came up with an idea that we should build something commerative of that. Wala! you have the Jamison Centennial Door. A smaller version mind you, but one that captures the essence of what they do.....Build doors. And will fit quite nicely on any wall.

This door does possess a secret that I can't fully disclose now, but I will post details of this at a later date. Until then please enjoy, and I fully encourage you comments and feedback.....good or bad!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mark,

    The door looks awesome! When can i see something like that for my humble abode?
    :)

    YHN, M3

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Mark said…

    Many Thanks!

    You can have one as soon as you give me some dimensions to work with! I only have one other requirement....it must be a one of a kind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home