Southern-Steel Fabrication

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Playful Experimentation






























I read sometime ago about the encouraging of "playful experimentation" specifically with metalworking...this stuck with me and I think I remember reading it in Scharzkopf's or one of Hasluck's books that I fortune to have, anywho it is essential for this to happen. Some of the simplest projects I've happened to do somehow plant a seed for me for a future project harvest! I like to think about this as part of the journey of discovery that allows me a greater appreciation of metalwork in general, because had I not spent my youth building things, nor had I taken great pleasure in grinding the heads off of nails in pops basement, I may not have every tried to work metal. The eventual meeting of imagination and technique comes together, like the Beatle's song RIGHT NOW! I'm so thankful to be getting back to pursuit of all things metalworking, I hope those of you who follow the "plight" of Southern Steel realize that not only do I place great value in the playful experimentation that I do, but I also by proxy follow and gain appreciation by watching the same process get fullfilled in what you do! To our continuation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger Midwest Metal said…

    Nice job, buddy! I'm pretty much impressed with the outcome of your experimentation.

    -Andrei Smith
    Midwest Metal Products
    Follow me on twitter.com/andreism

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Great job my friend! This is a work that needs real appreciation from my heart. If your playful experimentation can bring out such great artistic masterpiece, what if you take it as a profession? Of course, there are professional steel fabricators like www.Equifab.com.au who are also doing an excellent job. Anyway, my wishes to your future attempts.
    Steel Fabrication

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger mahesh thatikonda said…

    you are doing great ,good job keep it up
    Manko Industry manufacturer and supplier of Ferrous & Non Ferrous Precision Machined Components for automobiles, tractors, oil engines, pumps, truck/beat/box trailers, heavy earth moving machinery and others…READ MORE

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger James Abram said…

    Great job! I'd like to see more of your steel fabrication projects in the future!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home