Southern-Steel Fabrication

Saturday, November 05, 2005

HELPING HAND



This project was a lot of fun...and better yet it was for the Annual "Tree of Light" program. This hand was designed as a topper for the "Tool Tree" and is meant to take the place on the top of the tree. The fingers started out as 3/4" round solid stock which was forged down. The remaining base is of 18 gauge cold rolled steel, hand formed and shaped out of 2 pieces. I particluarly liked the transition from sheet steel to rod, as I think the sheet steel shows definition, while the fingers are still under the process of transformation. I started this project thinking....If I mess it up and it looks more like a hand that has been run over....then I can always put a glove on it! Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW! Very impressive. You should do more sculptures. How long did it take you to do it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home